Allergan Warehouse Operator VI in Galway, United States
Warehouse Operator VI
Galway, Connaught, Ireland at https://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/5977/other-jobs-matching/location-only
6 days agoPost Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition, build bridges all over the world, power ideas that drive change and act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
The Warehouse Operator VI, is responsible for: staging, kitting, picking, receiving, storing, inventory control, distributing of materials, parts, supplies, equipment, finished goods and maintenance (i.e. general housekeeping) of the warehouse and other storage areas. Ensures all warehouse and shipping duties are performed strictly in compliance with approved documented procedures to maintain the highest warehousing GMP standard.
Main Areas of Responsibilities:
Responsiblefor receipt/ put away of materials from outside suppliers.
Responsiblefor the replenishment of all manufacturing materials and supply shortages.
Responsiblefor the preparation, checking and verifying the accuracy of the product beingpackaged and shipped to worldwide destinations.
Fillall material requests from manufacturing, engineering, and other departments.
Unpack,check goods received against purchase orders, invoices, return authorizations,or other related job completion documentation.
Inputpurchase order receipts into the computer system and route the material, andpaperwork to the correct destinations within the organization.
Performa variety of tasks including kitting of parts for manufacturing, stock putaway, consolidation of released materials.
Labelparts as needed during receiving, put away, picking/kitting process
Utilizewarehouse equipment such as forklift, hand trucks and delivery carts.
Participatein year-end physical inventory and daily cycle counts.
Breakdown boxes and remove pallets and/or packaging waste from stocking, receivingand picking/kitting activities.
Count,sort, and put materials in bins, boxes, or on pallets for storage
Accuratelytransact material requests and inventory transfers on the computer.
Workwith relative departments to resolve discrepancies that arise during thereceiving, or parts kitting process.
Monitorinventory levels of all warehouse supplies and work with purchasing toreplenish these supplies.
Reviewemails for various parts and material requests and related instructions.
Ensureand oversee with the warehouse team proper organization and cleanliness of thewarehouse receiving and shipping areas.
Counts,sorts, and puts materials in packages. Forms various boxes for final products.
Accuratelytransact shipments on the computer and using various shipping software toprepare waybills and other shipping documents.
All other duties asdelegated by your Manager.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Minimum 3- 5 years’ experience in a GMP warehouse and/or GMP manufacturing environment.
· Knowledge of basic warehousing, inventory control procedures and related systems required.
· Proficient in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Experience in an FDA/HPRA regulated Pharmaceutical/ Medical device company desired.
· SAP or similar ERP/MRP system experience a plus.
· Third level qualification in business or science an advantage.
· Certified Forklift driver i.e. counter balance certification
· Must have a valid drivers’ license with the ability to operate a vehicle to support the operational needs of the Warehouse Operations if /when required.
· Ability to conduct self in a professional and articulate manner, and maintain composure to work effectively during high stress situations to meet deadlines.
· Ability to use independent judgment and take initiative.
· Communicate clearly and concisely with his/her supervisor on inventory, and material status issues which need resolution.
· Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with those on the team, as well as cross-functionally within Allergan.
· Able to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and work independently.
· Ability to create and maintain positive, productive working relationships in a team oriented atmosphere.
· Demonstrated flexibility/adaptability in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
· Fill out time sheets and all other required paperwork accurately and on time.
· Keep employee information and training files updated always.
· Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which Allergan complies.
· Must be available to work overtime as requested by the manager. This may include nights, weekends, and holidays during times critical to our business such as month-end, quarter-end, and year-end.
Language and Verbal Skills:
Individual must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
Ability to write reports, specifications, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers. Ability to clearly and concisely convey project accomplishments, obstacles, issues, and project status.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Analytical and Reading Skills:
Ability to read, understand and abide by company procedures. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and report on findings .
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; up to 12 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to lift and carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry.
Most work is performed in a warehouse setting. The noise level in the environment is usually low to moderate.
Allergan is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Allergan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.