Allergan Sr Mgr, Market Research/Intelligence & Analytics in Irvine, California
Sr Mgr, Market Research/Intelligence & Analytics
Irvine, California, United States at https://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/6578/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Sep 10, 2018Post Date
Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceutical, device, biologic, surgical and regenerative medicine products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of leading brands and best-in-class products for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology and anti-infective therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives every day.
Allergan is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
The Sr. Manager, Business Insights and Analytics is responsible for providing a high level of evidence-based, strategic guidance for brand and senior management on assigned brands and therapeutic areas. Through the analyses of market research, competitive intelligence and business analytics, the Sr. Manager/Associate Director will ensure that marketing and business decision-making is supported by timely, accurate and cost-effective data and analysis. He/she also maintains a vigilant watch over the health of his/her assigned brands, alerting brand management and corporate executives of emerging opportunities and threats, through insightful integration of marketplace data, primary research, trends in secondary analytics and competitive intelligence at his/her disposal. This individual will play a critical role as a trusted and respected partner to the Brand team, as he/she is a participant in all discussions on assigned brand and therapeutic market strategy development.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Thisindividual will serve as a consultative, trusted advisor to Brandleadership by providing fresh insights based on facts and data gainedthrough primary and secondary research.
Conciselydistill research findings into meaningful and actionable insights thatwill help achieve brand objectives – understand the ‘so what’ behind theresearch.
Basedon a deep understanding of core Brand business (forecasts, strategies,tactics); this individual will guide primary and secondary market researchdesign, execution and reporting for a portfolio of Brands.
Useresearch findings (primary and secondary) to help guide Brand businessdecisions in support of annual objectives.
Provideanalytical ad hoc support. Support marketing and sales effortsquantitatively, through data mining to reveal both product and markettrends and by answering key business questions.
Supportmarketing and strategic planning process by evaluating market conditions,understanding competitive landscape, identifying growth opportunities andassisting in the development of tactical and strategic plans to grow
Developproactive data-mined analyses to uncover actionable insights and businessopportunities.
Continuallyupdate knowledge of industry data sources & techniques that could beused to improve Allergan’s commercial analysis.
· A minimum of 5 years of appropriate business experience in a medical or consumer marketing research or business analytics function in a pharmaceutical/biotech company, market research vendor, or consulting firm.
· A minimum of 3 years of direct primary and secondary market research, competitive intelligence and the development of business insights is required.
· Knowledge of the design and conduct of a broad array of primary market research approaches, both quantitative and qualitative, of all degrees of sophistication is required.
· Ability to frame and communicate issues in strategic terms, sound consultative skills and good business sense is required.
· Crisp and persuasive oral and written communication skills driven by solid business logic is necessary for success in this role as is the ability to function effectively in matrix teams.
· Fluency in Excel, Access and in PowerPoint is required.
· Some travel is required (10%-20%)
· BS/BA required. MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Allergan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.