Allergan Associate Director, Finance in Liverpool, United States
Associate Director, Finance
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom at https://agn.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/6267/other-jobs-matching/location-only
6 days agoPost Date
Job reports to: Associate Director, R&D Finance (Liverpool)
Supervisory responsibility: None
The job holder is responsible for ensuring that the Liverpool business produces financial information in accordance with corporate and statutory finance policies.
The job holder is also responsible for supporting external consultants in the preparation of statutory financial reports and tax reporting and for managing the relationship with the auditors.
The job holder manages the relationship with IT partners relating to financial elements systems and reporting. The job holder is responsible for ensuring that accurate financial information is correctly uploaded to Corporate a monthly basis in a timely manner.
The job holder is a member of the site leadership team and is responsible for reporting site performance. The job holder reports in to the Director, R&D Finance and supports him/her with the provision of data and analysis to aid Liverpool site decision making. The job holder also supports the Director, R&D Finance with the collation of budgetary information and is responsible for budget and forecast preparation for all Global Ops cost centers and G&A cost centers onsite in Liverpool.
• Establishes, maintains and enhances information systems and controls. Monitors the integrity of all critical information systems, processes and data.
• Manages control environment. Works with business process owners to ensure adequate documentation of internal controls. Asses internal process and controls and reports annually on findings.
• Supports controls review by internal and external auditors.
• Provides taxation information to support EY tax provision for legal entities.
• Provides statutory reporting information to support EY statutory accounts preparation for legal entities.
• Manages relationship with external auditors
• Supports the Director, R&D Finance with the preparation of timely financial reports that fairly and accurately present the company's financial position in the areas of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present, and future operations.
• Analyses accounting information in order to assess operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organisation. Communicates conclusions to Director, R&D Finance and Liverpool site management on a timely basis.
• Provides input to the annual budget process which includes compilation of Research & Development expenses.
• Finance Representative for assigned Internal and External Projects
• Deputises on Behalf of the Director R&D Finance Liverpool
• Reviews all data submitted to corporate systems and attests as appropriate.
• Supports the finance team members in achieving deadlines for month end reporting
• Responsible for completing UK regulatory submissions for the ONS
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant field
• Professional accounting qualification from an internationally recognized institute
• Significant technical knowledge of latest statutory reporting and taxation legislation
• Analysing problems, identifying alternative solutions, and implementing recommendations for resolution.
• Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Researching, analysing and evaluating accounting and internal control methods and procedures.
• Managing and prioritizing multiple projects, duties and assignments.
• Team work.
• Experience of working within the pharmaceutical industry.
• Experience of working within an international matrix organisation.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Allergan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.